Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I'm a big fan of professional growth. My co-workers even make fun of me because I'm passionate about learning and seizing all opportunities that come my way. They ask me "What are you going to do after work? Study your work?" and they laugh and laugh about it. It's funny, however it's true. When I'm on an airplane for 3 hours with no wifi or seatback TV to watch, what else is there to do than listen to music and read? Some people read books, I like to read data and journals to understand my business a little better.

I would like to not call myself a nerd and call myself "proactive". Oh well!

I recommend groups for personal and professional growth on LinkedIn. It's very easy to find a group that fits your skills and goals. My goals are to complete my PMP and Six Sigma Lean in the next 24 months. I feel with these skills, I can reach my goals and pave a path for new goals.

Some people might want to get a MBA, others might want to be typing proficient. Everyone's goals are different. LinkedIn has many groups and companies to follow and join

Please feel free to follow me on LinkedIn HERE!

I have been following upper-management employees lately to see what their leadership styles are, what credentials they have, and where I can grow to reach their level of profession.

Everyone is going to have different goals academically and professionally, and I recommend to sit down and set goals for yourself. With each goal, ask yourself: how am I going to reach this goal? Make mini goals for yourself and find groups, companies, even people to connect with to help reach your goals. BIG goals are reached with SMALL goals! :) I usually make a 6-month goal, a 1-year goal, and a 3-5 year goal. The 6-month and 1-year goals help achieve my 3-5 year goal, or long-term goal.

When I fail, it's easy to get upset! WHY didn't I reach my goal? What can I do better? What steps can I take to reach this goal? How long will it take to reach my goal? All good questions to ask when you're not able to fully reach your goals.

"If you don't try you can't fail, but you'll never know until you try!" ALWAYS try! What's the worst that can happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment