Sunday, April 17, 2016

To say last week was crazy would be putting it lightly. 5 flights, 4 client locations, 3 states, and lots of traveling was the sum of my week!

I went to Virginia Beach, VA Elizabeth City, NC, Atlanta, GA, and Fort Walton Beach, FL in 5 days. I took 5 flights from Chicago, V. Beach, Atlanta and Fort Walton! It was hectic, but I enjoy my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. Plus I get to see some beautiful places.

Fort Walton Beach, FL on a cloudy day
When I'm not working with clients, I like to have some relaxing time to myself. I'm very involved in physical activity, however some hotels you stay at don't have the state-of-the-art gym! You take these things for granted until you travel. I decided to go on a 3.5 mile walk/run on the coast of Fort Walton Beach. It was cloudy, yet stunning to look at the clouds moving fast and the beautiful blue ocean.


People always say "wow you're so lucky you get to travel!" and it's great. I work for a great company, I really like my boss, and I enjoy the work I do!

People also don't understand that at times you get to see such beautiful places and icons but you don't have anyone to share it with (sorry, going deep). I love to travel with other people; as a social person, I enjoy group settings and people management/building relationships. Unfortunately since I travel alone at times, I don't always get that treat to be with other people. It's definitely a trade-off. 

STILL, I wouldn't change it for the world! Traveling for work has given me the opportunity to be more self-sufficient, motivated, and dedicated to time-management. I would always recommend people go travel or find a job where you can travel, but realize there are things you sacrifice when being on the road.

Next week I'm going to talk about my full pat-down at the airport, TSA taking everything out of my bag because they saw a loaf of bread, and what I cannot travel without on a weekly basis. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment